The Royal New Zealand Artillery
DOB : 23 January 1943
Grew up in Ngaruawahia. Taupiri is my Mountain! The Waikato is my River!
-St Paul's Convent , Ngaruawahia.
-Marist Brother's High School, Hamilton. (57/58).
-Marist Brother's High School , Tuakau( Boarding School)(59/61)
Work Experience (62/63)
-Teacher Training College, Claremont.
-Farming in Walton( near Matamata)
-Engineering Labourer(Terapa near Hamilton).
- 1964 -1Battalion Depot, Burnham. BasicAA, Infantry Corps Training, AA Instructors.
- 1965 - Officer Cadet School , Portsea. Graduated to RNZA. as a 2nd Lt.
- 1966- Couth & Culture Course/ YO's/ Tropical Training - Waiouru/ Fiji. Then acting BC/BK/ Troop Comd.at the Battery Depot, Papakura.
- 1967- Vietnam. Then reinforcemnet training in Waiouru/ Papakura.
--1968 / 69, Vietnam as Sect Comd. On return posted to A Battery, NSTU.
- 1970/ 71, Vietnam as FO. On return posted to Christchurch as PRO/ Recruiting(Army) for the South Island.
-1974/75, Posted to Ist Light Battery, RA (The Blazers), in Singapore. A Kiwi FO Party of 6, attached to the Battery till the Brit forces withdrew in late 75. We were thenposted to IRNZIR , at Dieppe Barracks.
- 1976 - 21C Support Company 1RNZIR. On RTNZ posted to Defence HQ, as AD Recruiting(Army).
- 1979/80- OC, RF Cadet School, Waiouru.
-1981/84- SO2 Personnel, 2nd Task Force, Palmerston North.
- 1984/ 2005. Ministry of Civil Defence Emergency Management. Have held a variety of appointments involving Operations, Training & Education.
- 2005/2009. Programme leader and Tutor in Emergency Management with EMANZ-Tai Poutini Polytechnic(TPP).
-2010/ Current. Casual Tutor in Emergency Management with TPP.
Been an interesting career after leaving the Army. On the way have picked up qualifications-DipTTeach.NCCDMgt., to go with the Teachers Certificate from 63, and ofcourse the numerous unrecognised Corps and Promotion Courses completed over the years.
Enjoying family visits here and o/seas. Following local sports teams here in Feilding. Singing in the Church Choir. Some casual tutoring. And now ofcourse contact with Gunners through the Association